HOW TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM
NB: Please read through prospectus carefully before completing the application form.
• The application form is completed by applicant using a black pen, using capital letters.
• The applicant should make sure that names appearing on the matriculation certificate as well as the ID/Birth Certificate are the same, and the correct sequence is filled on the application form.
• Shaded areas are not to be completed as they are for office use only.
• All fields must be completed by the applicant.
• The applicant must indicate the campus they wish to study at, and please note that the courses offered by the respective campus as indicated in the prospectus.
• All the information provided by the applicant should be true and correct as the opposite will result in the application not being considered.
• All the required documents should be attached to the application form.
• A non-refundable application fee of hundred and thirty rand (R130.00) - not cash - must accompany the application form. The fee should either be in a postal order, cheque or deposited in the University Bank Account as provided in the prospectus.
• The applicant must submit the application form to the Commissioner of Oaths for the signature and stamp before sending to the University.
The following Documentation should accompany the application form – NO FAX COPIES ARE ACCEPtable :
• Two identical passport photos.
• Certified copy of ID/Birth certificate.
• Certified copy of Matriculation certificate (if applicable).
• Grade 12 midyear results.
• Certified copy of academic transcript (if applicable).
• Certified copy of degrees/diploma certificate (if applicable).
The South African Constitution and the Act on Higher Learning allows students from other countries, especially in the SADC Region to be feeder areas to African universities. International students are given same treatment as South African students though with some variations on admissions requirements.
Prospective international students should submit the following documentation:
• Valid study permit.
• Copy of passport/Visa.
• Police clearance.
• NB: Copy of evaluation certificate from South African Qualification Authority or Matriculation Board .
THE APPLICATION FORM
A. PERSONAL DETAILS
2. SURNAME: the surname that appears on ID/Birth certificate as well as matriculation statement/certificate.
3-4. INITIALS AND FULL NAMES: as they appear on the abovementioned documents.
6. MAIDEN SURNAME: for married women only (this is the surname before marriage).
11. RELIGION , the religion you follow (e.g. Christianity, Islam).
12. OCCUPATION , what you are doing currently (e.g. Grade 12 pupil, student).
13. PHYSICAL IMPAIRMENT , (e.g. Blindness, deafness, paraplegic, etc) this is in order for the University to assist with your needs.
B. CONTACT DETAILS (APPLICANT)
14. POSTAL ADDRESS: this is the address where you get post from.
15. RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS: this is the home address or street address.
C. PARTICULARS OF PARENT OR GUARDIAN
This is the information of the applicant's parents and how w where they can be contacted should the need arise.
D. INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
This information is needed from all non-South African applicants for their admission and statistics. If you do not provide this information as a non-South African it can hold up the processing of your application.
E. HEMIS/VALPAC DETAILS
30. CITIZENSHIP: (e.g. South Africa , Namibian, etc).
31. ETHNIC GROUP: this information is mainly required for government reporting (i.e. Black, White, Coloured, and Indian).
32. PROVINCE: this is the province in which you come from (e.g. North West , Mpumalanga , etc).
33. RURAL/URBAN/PERI-URBAN: please indicate the nature of the area you come from.
F. MATRICULATION DETAILS
34. EXAMINATION DATE: this is the anticipated date for your examination if you are a current matriculant or the date that you sat for matriculation examination if you wrote previously (e.g. November 2008 or November 2007).
34. HIGHEST GRADE: the highest grade or standard you have passed (e.g. Grade 11 for current matriculants, Grade 12).
36. EXAMINATION NUMBER: please provide if it has already been issued.
37. MATRICULATION CERTIFICATE TYPE: how the matric was obtained (for those who have already passed matric) e.g. matriculation certificate with endorsement or matriculation certificate without endorsement.
39. EXAMINATION DEPARTMENT: indicate the province your school is in.
G. ACADEMIC DETAILS
44. QUALIFICATION YOU INTEND FOLLOWING: this is the degree/diploma that you want to study. Please indicate your first, second and third choices, and consult the brochure for courses offered at the campus you wish to study at.
H. POST SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
This information is important for applicants that studied at this or another institution of higher learning before. Please note that false information on this part will result in your application not to be considered.
I. ACCOMMODATION DETAILS
Please provide this information in order for the University to plan issues of accommodation on time.
J. DECLARATION BY PROSPECTIVE STUDENT
This is to declare that the information provided by the applicant on the application form is true and correct.
The information in this section is to be completed by the Parent or guardian of the applicant, this is the person who takes responsibility regarding the payment of fees for the applicant should they be admitted.
This information should be filled by applicant in front of the Commissioner of Oaths.
Back to Top