|APPLY FOR STANDARD BANK STUDENT LOAN FOR THE MISSING MIDDLE WHERE SURETY IS NOT REQUIRED |
Standard Bank is offering the University of Limpopo students an opportunity to get a Student Loan where no suretyship is required.
The offer is only available to Standard Bank transactional account holder. Those who do not hold transactional accounts with Standard bank may apply using Standard Bank digital and other banking channels available.
The offer is open to 3rd to 5th year students in the following fields of study:
Postgraduate students are also eligible to apply. (For additional information including applicable courses please refer to Standard Bank website www.standardbank.co.za)
HOW IT WORKS:
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Household Gross Income must be less than R600 000 per annum.
STEPS TO APPLY:
Kindly see the attached documents regarding the application process for Standard Bank Student Loan for your attention.
- No suretyship or income is required to qualify for this loan.
- The maximum Student Loan offered per year, per student is R120 000.
- The Student Loan can be used to cover tuition, accommodation, books and study equipment.
- There is no expectation for repayment on the loan while you are studying. However, you will be expected to start repayment six months after completing your studies or as soon as you secure employment, whichever happens first.
- Interest and service fees will be charged to the loan on a monthly basis from inception of the loan and capitalised until the loan is settled.
- Competitive interest rates will apply.
- The repayment instalment and term of the loan will be calculated according to affordability at point of repayment.
Students can send their application forms and supporting documents to StudentLoanWithoutSurety@standardbank.co.za
Supporting documents required:-
- South African Identity document
- Proof of residence (not older than 3 months)
- Proof of household gross income
- Proof of latest academic results
- University registration letter
- Proof of cost for books and educational equipment if over R6000 (if funding is required)
- Lease Agreement reflecting cost of accommodation (if funding is required)
- Statement of university tuition or residence cost (if funding is required)
(Download Course List)
Date created: 2021-10-01 15:05:29