Office of HOD
Academic Staff Profiles
Modules on Offer
Research Focus Areas
Welcome to the Department of Chemistry at the University of Limpopo (UL). We thank you for your interest in our programmes and hope that these pages will tell you everything you need to know about Chemistry studies at UL. If there is anything we have missed out or you require more information we will be happy to answer your queries by telephone or email (see contacts above).
To be a model department that is focused on building and cultivating academic environment conducive to quality teaching and research and thereby producing graduates that are ready to render services aimed at improving the wellbeing of their communities.
The Department of Chemistry is committed to the mission of building concepts of chemistry through quality teaching and research awareness. The Department strives to train chemists who are competent on national scale and hence globally, and who will be efficient leaders in industry, academia and government. The Department is also committed to conducting innovative basic and applied research that advances the frontiers of knowledge and addresses local and national problems.
The Department of Chemistry
- Responsibility and Accountability – We own up to our shortcomings/mistakes and we take responsibility for our actions. We deliver on our promises.
- Integrity – We endeavour to do the right things regardless of consequences. We practice fairness, honesty and openness.
- Respect – We treat people with respect and dignity and we accept everybody for who they are.
- Excellence and innovation – We value excellence and innovation in all that we do. We therefore strive to offer quality academic programs that foster intellectual inquiry and encourage creativity.
- Teamwork – We are committed to achieve common goals through collaboration, listening to each other and sharing information.
- Student success - We always strive to do what is best for our students, thereby ensuring success to every student that is committed to learning.