Prospective international students apply for admission the same way as domestic students. However, all international applicants would only be admitted to the institution by following these steps:
1. All international students should obtain a confirmation letter of foreign conditional exemption from the Matriculation Board, situated at:
2. All non-South African citizens and non-permanent residents are required to obtain a study permit prior to entering South Africa. Applications for study permits should be submitted to the South African Embassy, Consulate or High Commissioner in your country of residence/origin and must be issued in favor of the University of Limpopo. This study permit must be submitted during registration. Please note that applications for study permits can take as long as 8 weeks to be processed by the relevant authority.
Study permit are acquired only after an applicant has received an admission letter from the institution. Please remember that study permits are not transferrable. No applicant shall be registered if he/she is not in possession of a valid study permit. Please visit http://www.southafrica.info/travel/documents/studypermits.htm. For additional information regarding how to acquire study permits, you could also visit any South African foreign mission abroad.
3. It is required that all International students pay their fees in full prior to registration to avoid delays which may arise during registration. Students are urged to ensure that their payments reach the University on or before the second week of January.
4. NB!! Admission into an academic programme, attainment of a valid study permit and the required confirmation letter of foreign conditional exemption from the Matriculation Board does not automatically mean a successful admission into any of the university study programmes.
5. A prospective international student should produce proof of a valid medical aid cover. Some hospitals and medical practitioners prefer medical covers that are tenable in South Africa. For information on which medical cover to choose please visit www.studysa.co.za .
For additional information on the above, please contact the International Office at +27 152 683 328 or +27 152 683 046. You could also contact this office by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com