|Request for Applications: Bongani Mayosi National Health Scholars Programme |
The Department of Research Administration and Development at the University of Limpopo encourages all eligible applicants to apply for the Bongani Mayosi National Health Scholars Programme (BM-NHSP). The closing date for applications is Thursday, 15 April 2021 at 23:59.
BM-NHSP is an initiative by the National Health Research Committee (NHRC) and a partnership between the National Department of Health (NDoH), the Public Health Enhancement Fund (PHEF) and the South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC). The objective of the BM-NHSP is to fund the training of 1000 PhDs in health and clinical research over the next 10 years. Applications are invited for PhD scholarships tenable in South African universities. Funding is towards the completion of the degree and funding is made available for a full degree period (i.e. prescribed time for a PhD) as a tax-free scholarship for full-time study.
The purpose of this particular request for applications (RFA) is to build capacity in four priority research areas namely:
The current funding opportunity is targeting applicants who preferably hold an MBChB or master’s degree, are in their second year of PhD study within the specialized fields of Biostatistics, Data Science, Digital Health, Demography, Epidemiology, Health Economics, Genomics/Bioinformatics and Immunology.
- Mental health,
- Violence, injury and trauma,
- Digital health
- Rural health
Requirements for application
Full applications must be completed online and all additional documents requested emailed to Ms Colleen Van Wyk at Colleen.Vanwyk@mrc.ac.za / Tel 021 938 0384
- Must be a South African citizen/permanent resident
- Applicants must hold MBChB or a master’s degree
- Must have an officially approved PhD research proposal
- Must be registered as a full-time PhD student, preferably in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year
- Must provide written commitment of participation by an experienced research supervisor who is willing to train the student for the entire duration of the degree
- The research supervisor must have research funding for the project and appropriate facilities for the scholar to effectively conduct the PhD research project
For enquiries contact: Dr Lindokuhle Ndlandla on Lindokuhle.Ndlandla@mrc.ac.za / Tel 021 938 0442
For more information and the application process, click the link below:
Date created: 2021-04-07 13:52:23