|Nature Research Awards for Driving Global Impact |
Nature Research invites applications from early career researchers for 2021 Nature Research Awards for Driving Global Impact. The Department of Research Administration and Development at the University of Limpopo encourages all potential applicants to submit their applications. The closing date for applications is 21 March, 2021.
Early career researchers must be working in the following areas:
- Food security, water security and/or energy security – ensuring a long-term, sustainable supply of either food, water or energy.
- Healthcare interventions – the assessment, improvement or promotion of human health.
- Environmental protection – protection of the natural environment on land and water including the repair of damage.
- Climate change – slowing climate change and adapting to what’s unavoidable.
- Sustainable cities – building green, liveable cities that last.
For more information and the application process, click the link below:
- Be employed by a university, research institute or any other not-for-profit organisation.
- Hold a PhD or clinical doctorate, one of which awarded not earlier than 1st January 2006.
- Lead an independent research group established within the past 5 years as of 1st January 2021.
- Demonstrate the application, or potential application, of their research to make a positive impact on one of the global challenges above.
- Dates may be adjusted in the case of maternity leave(s) or other formal leave(s) of absence taken before the application deadline to adjust for the duration of the leave taken.
- The reference date for calculation of the eligibility period should be the date of commencement of the first independent research project led by the team leader named in the application. In practice everyone who commenced such a position after 31st December 2015 is eligible. This period will be extended in the case of maternity leave(s) or other formal leave(s) of absences taken after the 1st January 2006 and before the application deadline with the duration of the leave taken.
Date created: 2021-02-23 15:27:52