To be a leading Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Biotechnology in pursuit of academic excellence, innovation and competitiveness in advancing Indigenous Knowledge and relevant niche areas.
- Provide and generate comprehensive and relevant competency and research in Biochemistry, Microbiology and Biotechnology.
- Produce market-relevant and competent graduates who can contribute socially and economically to the development of Africa.
- Strive to respond to the needs of our communities through innovative research.
The values underpinning BMBT within the broad and overarching framework provided by the African life ethos of Ubuntu are:
- Integrity and ethics
- Academic freedom
- Excellence and professionalism
- Responsive to our Communities